Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tofu-Alfredo Sauce

who doesn't love alfredo sauce? are you with me people? I re-created this heavy, butter & fat laden sauce with lighter ingredients. Serve over your favorite pasta or protein!


Ingredients
1 package of Na-Soya Extra Firm Tofu-diced 
1 cup of Milk (regular or soy -unsweetened)
1/2 onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic, sliced 
2 tbsp Lemon Juice 

1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano

1 tsp onion powder 
Olive Oil
Fresh Parsley & Basil (if you don't have dried will work here too)
Lots of S&P


This is my creation! Seared Scallops + Cod
 over Gluten Free Spaghetti topped with Tofu-Alfredo Sauce

Directions
1-Sautee onions & garlic in a pan until translucent
2- Blend all ingredients together in a high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix)
3-Blend for about 5 minutes until sauce is smooth
4-Heat on stove + serve!



Richie Rating: 2 exuberant thumbs (he wishes he had more thumbs)


No comments:

Post a Comment